Thursday, March 24, 2011

John 3:16



So, I'm at a gig and when we take a break I head to the bathroom. While in the stall I hear some buzzed ladies talking loudly and having a good time. That's pretty usual but as I come out and start washing my hands one of the ladies says, “Ooh, who's John. Is that one of your boyfriends?”

Me: “I'm sorry?”
Lady: “John. You are wearing his name.”
Me: “Don't know what you're talking about. Are you enjoying the show?”
Lady: “Yeah, your bracelet. John. Bet he's pretty hot, eh?”

(I wear a bracelet that is army green and says in big, bold letters, JOHN 3:16, with a red cross in the middle of it. I show her the entire bracelet.)

Lady: “So, are you not dating somebody named John?”
Me: “No, it's a bible verse. You know, 'for God so loved the world...”
Lady: Complete silence.
Me: “It's a book in the Bible, John.”
Lady: Absolute silence while looking at me like I have three heads.
Me (deflated): “Yeah, I date a guy named John”
Lady: “Awesome! I thought so. Great show. Do you know anything by Sugarland?”

1 comment:

  1. I remember that. This is fun... can't wait to keep reading your stories of our crazy and fun times. It's like living it all over again. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete